Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Facebook a.k.a. The enemy

Well, I am back. I feel like I have made too many empty promises, so I am not going to say that I promise to keep blogging, but I will say that I plan to do this more often. Blogging is good for the soul.

I have recently noticed that "Facebook" is a students worst enemy. Instead of doing reading questions, research papers, and speeches about capital punishment, I have often found that my attention has been diverted to Facebook. This could be due to the fact that I would rather shoot myself than write another paper, or it could be do to the nicotine-like addiction that I have developed to Facebook. This seductress has a strong grip on what I now consider to be important. It just started with the small things; the feeling that it is crucial that everyone knows when I am having lunch or sleeping or at class. Then it gets a little more serious. I started to try to fill my time with applications. I would spend my spare time looking for the perfect bumper sticker, or taking quizes to find out if I was truley a "90's kid." Now I am starting to think Im-ing people as a better form of communication. This is a problem. I am living in a false reality where I no longer find it absurd that I am writing on a wall.

I am currently trying to find a solution to this perdicament I have found myself in. The newest being writing my papers at 1am. This way I find it no fun to be on Facebook because no one is on it. So I guess what I am trying to say is, keep me in your prayers people. I will need all of the help I can get.

No comments: